ECR 2020 Highlight Week #5 with MEDIRAD contribution
The European Congress of Radiology (ECR) 2020 Highlight Weeks take place from July until the beginning of December. Each week is dedicated to exploring a specific set of carefully chosen topics. The Highlight Weeks are freely accessible to all ECR 2020 participants and can be joined by logging into ESR Connect.
Highlight Week #5 is dedicated to EuroSafe Imaging, the ESR's initiative on radiation protection in medical imaging.
This Highlight Week will also feature a session on EU 13 - Paediatric CT doses and risks (MEDIRAD), which is scheduled on Thursday, 8 October, at 17:00-18:00 CET.
The programme will include pre-recorded talks, followed by a live Q&A:
- Chairperson's introduction (John Damilakis)
- The use of CT in paediatrics: examination frequencies and common practices (Magnus Kaijser)
- CT dosimetry in children: patient-specific dosimetry and dose reduction tools (John Damilakis)
- Radiation exposure from CT in childhood and subsequent risk of haematological malignancies, brain and other cancers (Isabelle Thierry-Chef)
- Risk communication and risk optimisation (Claudio Granata)
- Live Q&A
Posted on 01/09/2020